Uno Blast or Uno Card games have always been popular, and one of the most popular amongst them is definitely UNO. It is a game that is enjoyed by all age groups because of its simplicity and ease. Its cards are really colorful and can cheer up anyone instantly. Have guests come over to your house? Why not just buy a pack of UNO cards and invite everybody to play the game? It will not just help you impress your guests, but also build a great bond with them.
UNO Blast is so popular that it’s hard to find someone who doesn’t know about it. It is this love and support through the years that have encouraged UNO to introduce new features and strive for an overall better experience for its fans. As soon as we think of a fun card game that everyone enjoys, UNO comes to our mind and to keep its fans happy, UNO has introduced lots of new variants of the game.
Uno Blast Rules
One of the best variants of UNO is UNO Blast. UNO Attack is also a good one, but in this article, we are going to talk about the blast variant of Uno Blast. If you’re wondering what’s so special about this variant and what are the rules to play this game then keep reading.
The game features an electronic card blaster which makes the whole game more exciting and unpredictable. It’s it’s this predictability and thrill that makes it so much fun to play. Although the objective of this game is the same as that of the basic UNO game – to get rid of all of your cards, which can be any number of cards all the members have agreed upon. But the progress of the game relies on the mood of the electronic blaster.
The Electronic Card Blaster
The card blaster runs with the help of alkaline batteries. 3 AA alkaline batteries are required for the blaster to function properly. How To set up the blaster, you will only need two items – 3 AA batteries (which you can get anywhere) and a screwdriver. The battery compartment is placed at the bottom of the blaster, and all you have to do is open it with the help of a screwdriver and insert the batteries and close the compartment again with the screwdriver.
Turn the power button on, and your blaster should start working. One thing to note is that, if the blaster is kept idle for 3 minutes or more after turning it on, it will go into the sleep mode. In that case, just use the reset button, and the blaster will turn on again.
You may also Like : Uno Attack Rules
And again, the batteries won’t last forever so if you’ve used the blaster for a long time and it has stopped working, chances are the batteries have run out, and it’s time to replace them with the new ones.
The cards used for UNO Blast are noticeably different from the regular UNO cards. Let’s talk about all the cards –
- Draw one – Regular UNO cards, and a few other variants have a draw two card, but Uno Blast features a draw one card. If you play this card, the next player will have to draw one card from the deck and place it in the blaster.
- Discard color – Consider yourself really lucky if you get this card. It is one heck of a powerful card. Using this card, you can get rid of all the cards of one color that you choose. If most of your cards are of blue color, it’s safe to go with blue and get rid of all the cards and increase your chance of winning the game. Place all the discarded cards on top of the discard pile.
- Reverse – You all know what this card does, don’t you? This card changes the direction of the gameplay. In simple words, this card if you play this card, the order in which the game was being played initially gets reversed.
- Skip – This is another card that has the potential to be a game-changer. If you play this card, the next player has to skip his turn to play a card. Maybe you have two cards left, and the other person has only one card left, so in that case, you can play the skip card and make the person lose his next chance.
- Wild – This card is the same as the wild card present in the regular version of UNO. If you play this card, you can change the color of play to any color you want (of course out of the four colors available to you) and turn the game in your favor.
- Wild Blast – This is a new card and is only designed for the blast variant of UNO. It is a very powerful card and can slow down the next player’s game. If you play this card, the next player will have to draw cards from the deck and place them into the blaster until it triggers a blast. After the blaster shoots out the cards, the player must pick all the cards. The blaster can shoot out as many as four cards at once.
Starting the game
The game provides you with a total of 110 cards. If you are more than two people who want to play this game, then don’t worry because as many as six people can play this game at once. All the players should choose one player as a dealer who is then supposed to give out seven cards (or more as per your wish) to all the players and himself. It is also best to shuffle the cards before distributing them. The remaining cards should make the draw pile which will be used throughout the game to draw cards.
Must Read : Uno Mod rules
Take the top card from the draw pile and use it as the base for discard pile and start with the game. In case the top card turns out to be an action card (symbol card), place it under the draw pile and take the new top card to form the discard pile.
The gameplay of UNO Blast is pretty similar to that of regular UNO, which is to match the cards in your hand with the top card on the discard pile, either in colour, number or symbol and to discard all of your cards as soon as possible and before other players or at least before the last player.
Here comes the most unique and interesting part of the UNO Blast; If you don’t have a card that matches with the top card on the discard pile in any form, be it number, symbol or color, or if you simply choose not to play the card and are saving it for later, then you will have to draw a card from the draw pile just like you do in the original UNO game. But the card that you draw out has to place in one of the slots in the blaster. The blaster has four slots in total. If the blaster doesn’t shoot out any cards, then you are safe, and the next player will have his turn to play a card, but in case the blaster decides to shoot out, then you will have to pick up all the cards it shoots out and add them to the already existing cards in your hand.
So it’s best to play the card if you have it and not save it for later because you can never rely on the blaster as it’s very moody and unpredictable. If it chooses to shoot out the cards, the whole game can become difficult for you as it will now take much more time for you discard all the cards.
If you’re wondering why the blaster has four slots, then it’s because if you draw four cards from the pile, you have to place all the cards in the blasters in the same turn.
Winning the game
To win the game, you need to discard all of your cards. While discarding your last card, just say “UNO” out loud to all other players left. If you fail to do so or get caught by your opponent before announcing your win can result in you having to pick up an extra card from the draw pile. What to do when the draw pile runs out of cards? In case that happens, just take all the cards (except from one last card) from the discard pile, shuffle them and use them as the new draw pile.
As mentioned earlier, you have to get rid of all your cards to complete the mission and win the game by reaching 500 points or any score everyone has agreed upon. How does one get points? The points are gained when you successfully add more cards to the already existing cards of your opponent.
Of course, you can’t add 500 cards to your opponent’s card so how do you score that many points? The point value is different for every card and is listed down below –
Cards with numbers – Face value
Draw one/ Skip/ Reverse/ Discard color – 20 points for each card
Wild/Wild blast – 50 points for each card
There is another way that can be used to play UNO Blast. What you can do is keep running a score of all the players after the end of each round. Play the game as normal, but once any player hits 500 points, the player with the lowest points should be declared as the winner.
Over to You:
UNO Blast is a game that everyone should definitely try. The game is super exciting and will keep you interested in the game till the very end. Regardless of the age, anyone can play this game. It is also perfect for a family get-together and for weekends. UNO never fails to impress its fans with the innovations and great ideas to keep everyone engaged and happy. UNO is the number one card game present right now, and every family should have this game so you can play it whenever you feel like and have time. Also, we hope you have understood everything about this game and have no further doubts but if you do, let us know.